High-Level Ministerial Meeting on South-South and Triangular Cooperation for Agricultural Development and Enhanced Food Security in the Arab States, Europe and the CIS.
At the side-event of the Global South-South Development Expo 2017, advancing cooperation on Agricultural Development and Food Security at policy-level will be addressed.
Antalya, Turkey – A high level Ministerial Meeting is organized in the framework of the partnership initiative on South-South and Triangular Cooperation for Agricultural Development and Enhanced Food Security (SSTC-ADFS) jointly supported by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), and the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC).
The Meeting will be an opportunity for the ministries of agriculture of Algeria, Hungary, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, and Uzbekistan to express their visions on the best ways for the cooperation towards achieving common goals. The Meeting is expected to result in establishing a platform for collaboration at policy level.
What: High Level Ministerial Meeting on South-South and Triangular Cooperation for Agricultural Development and Food Security in the Arab States and Eurasia
When: Wednesday 29 November 2017 (Opening session starts at 1:00 pm)
Where: Adriatic Conference Room, Titanic Deluxe Golf Belek Convention Centre, Antalya, Turkey
- Jorge Chediek, Envoy of the Secretary-General on South‐South Cooperation and Director, UNOSSC
- H.E. Mr. Ali Erbaş, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Turkey
- Dr. Durali Koçak, Deputy Undersecretary, Ministry of Food, Agriculture, and Livestock, Republic of Turkey
- Ms. Dina Saleh, Сountry Manager in Turkey, IFAD
- Mr. Mansur Muhtar, Vice President, Sector Operations, Capacity Development Department, IDB
- Dr. Menghestab Haile, Country Director and Representative, World Food Programme, Egypt
- H.E. Ms. Katalin Tóth, Deputy State Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary
- Ms. Ulbossyn Sarybayeva, Director a.i., Ministry of Agriculture, Republic of Kazakhstan
- H.E. Mr. Zhanybek Kerimaliev, Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Food Industry and Melioration of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Ms. Imane Louati, Head of Multilateral and Financial Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests, Kingdom of Morocco
- H.E. Mr. Sabri Eldaw Bakhit Mohamed, State Minister of Agriculture and Forests of Sudan
- Mr. Sofian Ben Mouaddeb, Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Hydraulic Resources and Fisheries, Tunisia
- Dr. Bulent Sönmez, Head of Department, Ministry of Food, Agriculture, and Livestock, Republic of Turkey
- Mr. Abdelhakim Yessouf, Senior Technical Cooperation Specialist, Reverse Linkages Division, Capacity Development Department, IDB
- Mr. Muhammadjon Kosimov, Head of Department of Economic Analysis and Forecasting of Development of Agricultural Production, Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources, Uzbekistan
- Edem Bakhshish, Chief of Division for Arab States, Europe and the CIS, UNOSSC
For more information: